Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shopping: Marvel Universe


It's always a good idea to take a look after the public has plowed through some inventory during the holidays and the help has had a chance to put some new/old stock from the back room  :D

*Red Hulk
This wouldn't be the first time this year I've seen 2009 Marvel Universe stock on the pegs, nor the first time I've spotted a Red Hulk in the wild this month! I took him home this time. Could he really look more angry?  :D


*Iron Spider-Man (translucent variant)
I've passed on the peg-warming, flat red version of this many times, but when I saw a picture of the translucent variant recently, I become more interested. I didn't expect to find one so soon- Great! Paintjob looks shoddy on this one however- may or may not return it.



*Electro
Another translucent variant, this Electro was released in '09 with flat, gold paint, but released again with clear hands- very cool! What a hilarious looking villain- right up my alley  :D


My New Year's resolution should be to open more of these Marvel Universe! I am WAY behind on these, and while I didn't want to pass these up, the last thing I needed this year was another one to throw on the pile  :D

*See the Marvel Universe visual checklist at ItsAllTrue.Net

Happy New Year! Make It FUN!

4 comments:

  1. I have always like Electro's costume it is so wild and silly. Happy New Years Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a thing for translucent plastic on figures and these look great! Really digging that Iron Spidey! Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Iron Spidey!Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck. I'm so jelous!! Enjoy those translucent beauties!!

    ReplyDelete