Sunday, January 28, 2018

Marvel Legends Retro Series Wolverine & Old Man Logan


I picked these up from TRU at the beginning of last December during a BOGO at 40% off sale, and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I knew the Retro Series Wolverine would be very popular, and have only seen him on the peg one other time after. Plain-clothed Marvel Legends don't normally appeal to me, unless they are Wolverine, and in spite of the lack of any accessories, Old Man Logan did not disappoint.




While I'll most often display Wolverine unmasked, the masked head looks pretty good- the flared boot tops and wide red belt are classic Wolverine! This figure has articulation to spare, the butterfly joints at the shoulders of particular interest- I also love the swivels at the boot tops...


Pictured below. Wolverine with T'Challa, and with Sub-Mariner and Invincible Iron Man from the recent Marvel Legends Black Panther Wave...



Old Man Logan's sculpt and paint look really great! The bomber jacket is amazing, as is the head sculpt. A proper accessory would have been a hat or baby Hulk in a papoose, two possibilities straight from the original Old Man Logan (2008-2009). I only recently read this series, after subscribing to Marvel Unlimited, and while criticized by some, I enjoyed it. Less grotesque perhaps is another title I read shortly after, the more recent Wolverine: Old Man Logan Vol. 0 - Warzones! 


Below, Old Man Logan Vs. my 14.5" Legends Series Hulk, and Star-Lord...



These are two more great Marvel Legends to add to my collection. Nitpicks aside, Hasbro has really cranked out some great action figures the last two or three years, with a lot more coming up. I still have a few to photograph that I've picked up in the last six months, which has turned out to be a return to Marvel Legends here at the Super-DuperToyBox.

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments: